Ambassador Scholarship Program
Would you like to sharpen your interviewing skills? Become more confident at public speaking? Be an integral part of the Defeat of Jesse James Days Celebration? Travel around representing Northfield and The Defeat of Jesse James Days Committee? Meet lots of new people? Have a year of fun and lifelong memories?
- FRIDAY, August 14th 6PM. **New this year – Junior Coronation & Ambassador Coronation will be
combined into one**
- Northfield Middle School Auditorium
- Admission: $6 plus $4 DJJD Button, under age 5 free
EARN UP TO A $2,000 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD?
If so, The Defeat of Jesse James Days Ambassador Program is looking for you!
- Participants– Ambassador Application (Word)
- Participants– Ambassador Waiver (Word DOC)
- Sponsor Contract (PDF)
- Candidate Letter (Word DOC)
Ambassador candidates must be at least 17 years of age by July 15th of the current year, be unmarried with no children and live or work within the Northfield School District #659.
Each Ambassador Candidate is typically sponsored by a local business with the $275 registration fee. The Coronation Committee can assist in finding sponsors if needed.
This is NOT a beauty pageant. This program revolves around volunteerism and developing leaders that will serve as positive role models as ambassadors for the Defeat of Jesse James Days Celebration and Northfield. In addition the ambassadors will spend the next year visiting other communities throughout the state and meet hundreds of people through parades, coronations and other special events gaining valuable friendships, experience and making lifelong memories.
The candidate experience is very rewarding for everyone. Candidates are offered personal growth opportunities, fun social activities and memories to last a lifetime in a non-competitive environment. Qualified mentors will be available to help make every experience a positive one. Even if the candidate is not selected to be a part of the ambassadors, they will have a great time participating in many events during candidacy, have more confidence in public speaking and learn interviewing techniques. They will spend time with the DJJD celebration committee and have a great time with new and old friends.
Local businesses donate MANY prizes for this event and the Defeat of Jesse James Days Committee awards scholarships to three ambassadors.
- Coronation Chair: Julie Eddy, (507) 663-0747, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidate Chair: Shelley Brady (952) 237-9281, email@example.com
- Judges Coordinator: Julie Daley, (507) 645-7819, firstname.lastname@example.org