2013 Dates for Hunting: August 26th – August 30th (Monday – Saturday)
Horseshoe Hunt Rules and Guidelines
- (NEW) You must register your button prior to the first day of the hunt (Midnight the day prior) to receive the full $900 grand prize. If you fail to register and do find the horseshoe, you can claim the $150 consolation prize.
- Members of the DJJD Committee, Northfield News, KYMN and their immediate family are not eligible to win as clues will be posted online, announced on air and found in print no later than 7am each day. This is different from last year when clues were posted at 6am.
- The winner must be 18 years old or older. In past years whole families join together to work out the clues and search for the horseshoe. This is acceptable as long as a legal adult is supervising the search and able to represent the family if found.
- The horseshoe will be located on public property within Northfield and will not be buried. NO digging will be necessary in the retrieval of the horseshoe. To clarify, PRIVATE property is excluded and we ask you stay off private property when searching.
- Should any damage to any property occur while retrieving the horseshoe, the winner will forfeit all prize money.
- The DJJD Committee is not responsible for any personal injury incurred hunting for or retrieving the horseshoe. The horseshoe is placed with safety in mind. Please hunt responsibly.
When the horseshoe is found, the winner must immediately notify Tim Freeland (tim at djjd dot org OR 507-581-5038). Tim will arrange to meet you and confirm the shoes authenticity. You must be present at the DJJD Committee meeting the Tuesday Sept 3rd 2013 at 7pm at Jesse James Lanes to receive your check.
- There is no cost for this event and it is not a button event (although you do need to register a button to claim the FULL prize).
- If you win, you must agree to be publicly named along with the possibility of an on-air radio interview, your photo and name(s) on various local websites and a picture and write up in the paper.
- If the horseshoe goes un-found by 5pm on Tuesday September 4th 2012, the hunt will officially end for the year.
- Despite the surprise second hunt last year, there will be only one hunt this year.