HUNTING WEEK CHANGED THIS YEAR
The 19th Annual, 2016 Dates for Hunting: August 31st – September 5th (NOW Wed – Monday: Labor Day)
Horseshoe Hunt Rules and Guidelines
- (IMPORTANT) Buttons needed to be registered before the start of the hunt to receive the full $grand prize. If you did not register and do find the horseshoe, you can claim the $300 consolation prize.
- Northfield public school’s and grounds are NOT city-owned and exempt from this contest. Please stay off all school property, including the colleges.
- Members of the DJJD Committee, Northfield News, KYMN Radio and their immediate family are not eligible to win as clues will be posted online, announced on air and found in print no later than 7am each day.
- The winner must be 18 years old or older. In past years, whole families join together to work out the clues and search for the horseshoe. This is acceptable as long as a legal adult is supervising the search and able to represent the family if found.
- The horseshoe will be located on public property within Northfield and will not be buried. NO digging will be necessary in the retrieval of the horseshoe and it will not require the use of a ladder. PRIVATE property is excluded and we ask you are respectful as you search public areas. Should damage to any property occur while searching for the horseshoe, the participant(s) forfeit prize money and maybe ban from future contests.
- The DJJD Committee is not responsible for any personal injury or accident incurred hunting for or retrieving the horseshoe. The horseshoe is placed with safety in mind. Closely monitor children in your party. Please hunt responsibly.
When the horseshoe is found, the winner must immediately notify Tim Freeland (507-581-5038). Tim will arrange to meet you and confirm the shoes authenticity. There is only 1 horseshoe like this one in the world. Only past winners are aware of the markings on its backside. You must be present at the DJJD Committee meeting the Tuesday Sept 6th 2016 at 7pm at Jesse James Lanes to receive your check.
- There is no cost for this event but you do need to register this years DJJD button to claim the FULL prize.
- If you win, you must agree to be publicly named along with the possibility of an on-air radio interview, your photo and name(s) on various local websites and a picture and write up in the paper.
- If the horseshoe goes unfound by 5pm on Tuesday, the week of DJJD, the hunt will officially end for the year.